Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Past Week and Praises!

So, I haven't been to blogworld in awhile because all five children and I were struck with a nasty virus, some of us several times. Let's just say Bleck, Gross, Evil and be done with it. I will share how I made it through it all, but first, let me also share that in the midst of the attack, there was another little sidebar....









Actually, I took these pictures to show my wonderful friends (some of whom also happen to be my neighbours) who were such a great help to me that day. :)


So you may be wondering how I made it through a disgusting 5 day period of illness with no husband present. Several reasons...first of all, my husband was praying his heart out from another continent, along with several others who even fasted and prayed for us (which is incredibly humbling and still blows my mind). Also, I had several other prayer warriors who were praying for healing, strength, etc. There were also those who brought groceries and one in particular who came over to help out three days in a row! Such beautiful friends.


Otherwise, I learned, again, that God is my Rock. He Alone is the answer to my fears, my weariness, my own sickness, my heartbreak when my babies are sick, my helplessness, my weakness, my loneliness. He Alone comes to my rescue. He Alone is worthy of my thanksgiving, my worship and my adoration. And even though I may not have had praise on my lips 24/7, I knew that He was with me and helping me make it through. His Word sustained me and pointed me in the direction of my Deliverer. Some of my encouragement...


James 4:7-8a Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and He will come near to you. (Over and over and over!)


Psalm 86:11-13 Teach me Your way, O LORD, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever. For great is Your love toward me; You have delivered me from the depths of the grave. (This one I meditated on day and night!)


Psalm 29:11 The LORD gives strength to His people; the LORD blesses His people with peace. (He did provide so much peace and strength in the midst of the storm.)


Isaiah 54:17 no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me," declares the LORD. (Bob sent this one to me.)


Psalm 103:1-3 Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits-Who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases. (One friend sent this in an email to encourage me.)


A friend asked me yesterday how I thought the whole 18 days without Bob had gone. I told her I was still processing it all, but I did know, again, with all my heart that I have to rely on God Alone. He is my Rock.


And beautiful news...we were all well enough and the car was repaired so that we all went to the airport to meet Bob yesterday afternoon! What joy!!! The kids made this we're so glad you're back banner for him...







More on his trip, including pictures, later.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment