Wednesday, September 16, 2009

7 Years Old Already?

Time flies. I know it's cliche. It's still true.

I can't believe baby Benjamin is now this tall, lanky, energetic seven year old. Wow!

Benjamin's birth was different. The small hospital maternity ward was full. They had to put me in the last room, one that they didn't usually use because it was smaller than the rest. Then my doctor came in to check my progress after I was admitted. An unusual practice, but all the nurses were busy. I jokingly asked if we should call my labour and delivery nurse friend, Patti. The doctor just looked at me in all seriousness and said "could you?". Oh yikes.

In God's providence, Bob had seen Patti in his office earlier that day. She had told him that she'd love to be there for our delivery and to feel free to call her, even if it was her day off.

It was her day off. But Bob called her. She graciously came. It was God's goodness. Patti did everything for us. She was like our own personal nurse. She almost delivered the baby, but the doctor came in the room just in the nick of time.

Then everything was silent. The doctor was busy working on me and Patti had taken Benjamin over to the side of the room. I knew immediately that something was not right. The head nurse was also at Patti's side. I looked at Bob and asked what was wrong. It felt like an eternity. I'm sure it was only a couple of minutes. The cord had been wrapped around Benjamin's neck and he was not breathing. Dear God. We were all praying.

The Father heard our prayers. And answered. In His Goodness. He breathed life into Benjamin.

Here is an excerpt from the card Patti gave us later..."I can't help but think that God has a special task for him - I guess because I was so grateful when God caused him to finally breathe. Praise God for a new life!".

Praise God, indeed!

Here is Patti with two-week old Benji...


And here is our celebration from today...



A new restaurant...are we still in Canada?


The serving staff made him wear a big foam hat while they sang to him...


And check out the cowboy hat he was given to take home...


Another yummy confection lovingly made by big sis...


Love this smile!


Father, thank You for breathing Your life into this child. We are thankful for his big, passionate, shining life! May his life bring honour and glory to You!


Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment