Monday, September 14, 2009

Surgery Update

I just wanted to give an update on how things are progressing from my surgery on August 24.

It has been a longer and slower and much more painful recovery than I ever expected. I ended up staying in the hospital and extra night and an extra day. And I had to have pain killers every four hours for the first ten days of being home. I tried doing the over-the-counter meds, but that did not even last twenty-four hours. I had to have the heavier stuff. It was frustrating. I am not a pill-popper.

But God is so good. No matter what I am facing, He is good. And faithful. And He speaks to me.

I asked Him about two weeks into it if He would just give me a word. I needed some encouragement from Him. Anything.

He told me WAIT and HEAL. Sweet words. Ahhh.

It's hard for me to relinquish all duties and just rest. Really hard. Especially when I love what I do...loving and serving my wonderful husband and hanging out with and mothering my amazing children. But there were capable hands caring for my children and taking care of the household chores and things of necessity. And sweet friends brought meals and muffins and took the children to the park to give my mom a break, too (thank you, precious friends, for all your love and thoughtfulness!!!).

And because of the words from the Father, I was able to rest and meditate on Him and His Word.

Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Psalm 37:7a Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him.

Psalm 5:3 In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

Psalm 27:14 Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

Psalm 130:5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.

Lamentations 3:24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."

I am up from my bed now and not on as many pain meds.

And I am thankful.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment