Saturday, April 10, 2010

Overflowing

I am sensing and seeing God at work all around me.

Bob had the opportunity to preach on campus this week to a group of about 50 or so. He spoke on the freedom that we have in Christ (one of my personal themes!) to those whom he knew were already believers and then shared the gospel, as well, for those who may never have believed in Jesus. It was the highlight of his week!

One of the privileges I have in this life of mine is that I not only get to pour into my own children on a daily basis (since we home educate and I am with them almost all the time), but also I get to pour into the young women that God has placed in my life. I have the honour of mentoring and discipling several of them right now and I am seeing God move in great ways in their lives!

I have been meeting with one girl since last summer and it has been a joy to walk with her through ups and downs and every place in between. She is graduating soon and has realized this week that she was walking in her own strength and not trusting in God and asking Him to show her His path for her summer and future. I challenged her on Monday to put all of her plans aside, get before Him and ask what He wants for her life. And wow! Has He every moved mountains in the last five days! I saw her again this morning and the difference in her demeanor and attitude is just so GOD! She has been seeking Him and experiencing so much peace that can only be attributed to the Father. She has had to have hard conversations but because she is surrendered to Him and willing to obey Him, she has been able to stand strong in love and grace.

What joy there is in watching the Father move and work and change hearts and lives right before my very eyes! I know that He is going to continue to work in her and provide everything she needs, each step of the way.

I have more to share about other ways that I am walking with these girls, but at this moment, Bob is visiting and praying with someone in a mental hospital and I want to be able to spend some time on my knees for this man's deliverance.

Blessings in Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment