Saturday, May 8, 2010

When I Rise



This beautiful lady is Barbara Smith Conrad.

Bob and I had the honour of meeting her last night at the Canadian premiere of this film at the Hot Docs Film Festival. It's a powerful story of the ability to overcome and forgive in the midst of hideous discrimination. You can read more about her story here and I highly recommend seeing When I Rise.

Ms. Conrad is stunning, classy and funny! She is a lovely picture of forgiveness and beauty. She was born in East Texas and grew up in a loving, spiritual and musical environment. She has traveled the world as an international opera star. And she is someone that I would love to have tea with and discuss life.

What a privilege to see this movie and to actually meet her in person. Thanks to Bob's dad for letting us know that The Dolph Briscoe Center for American History had produced this film and for giving us the heads up that it was coming to Toronto!



Blessings in Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment