Monday, August 23, 2010

School Time



Today was our first day of the new school year! I have not been prepared for this year AT ALL! It just seems different. I have one starting high school and one starting junior kindergarten, plus three in between. We haven't had extra funds for buying our usual books and curricula. Planning has come in bits and spurts. I told Bob a few days ago that I do not know why this year is so different, that I just cannot put my finger on it. I have been a little stressed, as I know myself and that things get accomplished much better and more often when I have a plan.

So, I have continued to pray and commit this year to the Lord and am just going with the flow. The younger ones have our beloved Five In A Row plus a few leftover workbooks for math and phonics. I am also doing a composer study as well as an artist study with all five of the children together this year. And I do have a plan for Emma, although I still need to make one big purchase for her history curriculum.

Today was a good start and I trust that the Lord will direct our steps, one day at a time.

Blessings in Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment