Over the past year in our country, we have experienced some very unusual and even tragic events:
· August 23, 2011 - 5.8 earthquake hits D.C. cracking both the National Cathedral and Washington Monument. “As goes the church, so goes a nation.”
· June 30, 2012 – Derecho storm knocks out power to over 1 million in DC, Maryland, and Virginia the day after the Supreme Court ruled on the Affordable Health Care Act.
· July 20, 2012 – Mass shooting and killing at Colorado movie theater
· August 5, 2012 – Mass shooting at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin
· September 11, 2012 - U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and others killed and wounded in Benghazi, Libya
· October 22-31 – Hurricane Sandy, the largest Atlantic hurricane on record, pummels the northeast
· November 6, 2012 – Election
· November 9, 2012 - General David Petraeus, CIA director resigns due to an alleged extramarital affair with his biographer
· November 12, 2012 - For only the third time on record, the total number of acres burned due to wildfires across the country so far this year has topped 9 million, according to data from the National Interagency Fire Center. The area scorched, as of Friday – 9,101,461 acres – is roughly the size of the states of Massachusetts and Connecticut combined [USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2012/11/11/wildfire-season-destruction/1695465/].
From a diagnostic perspective, the alarm bells are going off in our country at many levels, and we cannot hit the snooze button any longer. We need supernatural, wisdom, power, mercy and intervention. At Intercessors for America, we believe that what is needed is a decentralized, grass-roots, community by community awakening and visitation. We are praying for a Third Great Awakening which transforms and realigns us to the original intentions and purposes on which our nation was founded. Thanks for helping us spread this message. If your community is eager to learn more, we can help.
My recent trip to Asheville, NC, was enlightening. I spent 13 hours listening, praying, repenting with about 250 people from around the region who are interested in revival. One man asked for prayer for healing for a hearing problem he suffered with for years. I gently and authoritatively placed my hand on his ears, quietly and briefly spoke healing and love in Jesus’ name over him. After the meeting, he and his wife came up to me in tears saying that he was already hearing better. The joy and freedom on their faces was radiant. What a privilege to see the Lord do this first-hand!
As we continue to move forward informing, connecting and mobilizing prayer around the country, I want to say thank you for investing with us. In the past three months 18 new friends have joined our financial team through either one time or regular monthly giving. Thank you so much for praying and helping us in this initiative. The need is ongoing, so please continue to pray with us and give when you are able. And if you know of anyone who might be interested in supporting us, please let me know.
As our nation, and world, navigates through uncertain and perplexing times, let’s encourage one another with these words from Jesus, “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world” [John 16:33].