Monday, January 20, 2014

Weekly Menu Plan {20 January}

(Credit: slate.com)

Did you do anything to commemorate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. today? 

The kids and I had the opportunity to go to a local rally, but honestly, we just needed a day at home after a busy weekend. So we watched several videos and looked at photos, thanks to the MLK Freebie from Classical Composers! Dr. King is one of my heroes, and I believe it is so important to be able to share his life with my children. The above list from Dr. King's 'Integrated Bus Suggestions' is utterly amazing and inspiring. 

This one is particularly challenging:
Be loving enough to absorb evil and understanding enough to turn an enemy into a friend. Martin Luther King, Jr. 
Wow. So very beautiful!


Here is my menu plan for this week. It is suppose to turn snowy tomorrow and that is always welcomed at our house! 

Monday - Ina Garten's Bangars and Mash, plus sautéed kale, because I come from a long line of 'there must be something green on our plates' mamas. (This was the first time making this recipe and it was a HUGE hit! Those mashed potatoes were delicious!)

Tuesday - Chicken and Dumplings, salad

Wednesday - Sloppy Joes, sweet potato fries

Thursday - Leftovers

Friday - Oven BBQ Brisket, potato casserole, sautéed zucchini/onions/broccoli

Saturday - Thai Chicken Salad (I made this a couple of weeks ago and it is one of my favourite salads now!)

Sunday - Snack-y supper
Have a wonderful week and stay warm if you're in the path of the cold and snow! 


Blessings and love. xo

And as always, I'm linking up with Org Junkie for Menu Plan Monday.



Long Banner Ad

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to add the Thai Chicken Salad to my meal plan next week. Looks so good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete