Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Thai Coconut Soup with Bok Choy and Mushrooms


Oh my word. This soup is heavenly. Seriously. I could eat it once a week, which means you will probably see it popping up on the menu plan more often. I started with this recipe, but it was a little too involved (I don't even own a dehydrator)  and too "raw" for my crew. So I came up with my own version and everyone enjoyed it. Several of us went back for second bowls!


Thai Coconut Soup with Bok Choy and Mushrooms

3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
1-2 inch piece ginger, chopped
1-2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. turmeric
2 boxes chicken broth
2 cans coconut milk
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 tsp. fish sauce
1 16 oz. pkg. rice vermicelli (I wanted rice noodles, and will hopefully have those for next time, but my little grocery store doesn't carry them, so I used regular spaghetti noodles, which worked just fine.)
1 pkg. mushrooms, sliced
1 bunch bok choy, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste

Melt Coconut Oil in heavy saucepan. Add in garlic and ginger and sauté for one minute. Add in cumin and turmeric and stir for one minute. Pour in chicken broth, coconut milk, soy sauce and fish sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add in noodles. Cook five minutes. Add in mushrooms and bok choy. Cook 5-7 additional minutes. Taste to check if salt and/or pepper is needed. 

And if you're like me, add plenty of Sriracha! It makes the world go 'round. 

Enjoy! 





Blessings and love! xo

I'm linking up with Good Tips Tuesday, The Gathering Spot and The Hip Homeschool Hop.

Disclaimer: This post contains referral links. Thank you for your kindness!

No comments:

Post a Comment