Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Our Favourite Grilled Chicken Recipe



Our Favourite Grilled Chicken

4 lbs. chicken breasts
1 c. soy sauce
1/2 c. red wine vinegar
1/2 c. olive oil
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil (or other combinations of spices)
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 - 1 tsp. black pepper

Mix marinade ingredients together. Place chicken in large Ziploc bag and cover with marinade. Keep in refrigerator for 4-24 hours, turning once or twice to make sure all the chicken gets plenty of marinade time. Obviously, the longer, the better.

Grill chicken on medium heat until it is no longer pink and the juices run clear.

We love this chicken with BBQ sauce or in chicken fajitas or on top of nachos or in a Cobb salad or in Mexican Chicken Soup. It's so versatile. You can grill it all and freeze what you don't need to use right away.

We made a bunch of chicken last week. The first night we had chicken fajitas. Then the next night, I used the extra for Buffalo Chicken French Bread. I actually made half with Buffalo sauce and half with BBQ sauce and they were big hits.

I have been making this recipe for years and years. It is probably my most requested recipe by friends who have come over for supper, so I thought I'd share it here. I hope you enjoy it!

Blessings and love. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment