Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Books to Read - End of the Summer Edition


Well, mercy! Here we are in September already. I cannot believe the summer is officially over and school starts today. Seriously?! According to the forecast, this may be one of our warmest weeks all year, so thankfully, the pool is still open, and you can bet that swimming will count towards our physical education. 

Did you have the chance to read any good books over the summer? Here are some of the books that I was able to read in the past few months or am currently reading. I recommend all of them!

A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet: Southern Stories of Faith, Family and Fifteen Pounds of Bacon by Sophie Hudson (Thanks to my friend, Amy, for recommending this one! I laughed and cried and could relate to so much of the southern that Sofie shares in her warm, friend-who-lives-next-door kind of way.)





Spirit Wars: Winning the Invisible Battle Against Sin and the Enemy by Kris Vallotton (This one is fantastic for any of us who have ever experienced dark days, whether we have been diagnosed with depression, live with someone who is depressed or just don't quite understand the spiritual warfare that we face as believers in Jesus.)



The Women of Duck Commander: Surprising Insights From the Women Behind the Beards About What Makes This Family Work by Kay, Korie, Missy, Jessica, and Lisa Robertson (I loved reading more of the "backstories" in this family's lives. Some of it is funny, some touching and some just downright heartbreaking. There is always redemption, though, and I love how they give God the glory in it all.)





Wherever the River Runs: How a Forgotten People Renewed My Hope in the Gospel by Kelly Minter (If you missed my recent review of this one, click HERE.)




Teaching From Rest: A Homeschooler's Guide to Unshakable Peace by Sarah Mackenzie (I have seen this one recommended by another homeschool mom and am so drawn to that word "rest" since Father has spoken it to me many times. I am just now digging into this one and looking forward to what Sarah has to share!)




I'd love to know what you had a chance to read in the past few months or what you are reading now. I always enjoy recommendations from friends. Feel free to share in the comments.

Blessings and love. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment