Monday, July 20, 2015

Our Weekend Recap




Hello! 

How was your weekend? Ours was H.O.T.! We have been enjoying the mid-80's for much of the summer, so having the temperature crank up to mid-90's plus humidity?! Yikes. I am so not a heat person. Why, you may ask? Well, because I am already hot all of the time anyway. With the heat index near or over 100, I really do feel like I may melt. I seriously thank God for our pool and that this house has AC on the second level! It's the little things. 

The kids were in the pool a good amount of time (the water therapy is so good for Ava's injured foot!). Friends and neighbours came over to play. Friday night, our neighbours invited us over to have drinks and appetizers. I made a Black Bean and Feta dip to take and share. The kids were amazed at how warm their pool is compared with ours. The temps were quite pleasant that evening, and we had so much fun laughing and visiting. It was the perfect way to end the week, as I shared on Instagram . . . 


That night, Bob and the boys started a new tradition they designated, "The Inaugural Royce & Sons All Night Brisket Smoke-Off'! It was a huge hit. Well, until the next afternoon when they all needed naps, but what a fun experience for the Royce men. I don't think it will always take place over night, but I do think the practice of smoking meat will be a more frequent occurrence around here.



Saturday was rainy and stormy in the morning, so I didn't walk down to our Farmers' Market as planned. I did take time that day to start planning our school year. Our summer has been a little odd this year, with taking care of Ava and getting her injury healed. It's hard to believe school will start in just over a month. So, I tried to start getting some things out of my brain and onto the paper. Have you started planning for school yet or doing your back to school shopping?!


I'll share a new idea I'm putting into play for this school year in the next week or so. And if you're new to homeschooling or just need a little encouragement, I highly recommend this post from Sarah at Amongst Lovely Things

I hope your weekend was great and not too hot! 

Blessings and love. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment