Sunday, August 30, 2015

Weekly Menu Plan {August 30 - September 5}



Hello! 

We are starting school tomorrow, plus several children are starting new jobs and/or new activities, etc., so I have been putting a lot of time into planning and getting my calendar organized. I love writing all the different ink colours on the clean, white squares. New beginnings. New adventures. New skills. New knowledge. New experiences. It's all exciting!

I am simplifying breakfasts and lunches for the beginning of the school year. It had gotten to the point where everyone would fend for him or herself, so there might be six or seven different things going on (think oatmeal, scrambled eggs, bacon, cereal, baked beans, leftovers, etc.), which was just too haphazard and disorganized (not to mention the state of the kitchen when it was all over. Eek!). I love that they all have different tastes and that they can get their own meals, when necessary, but we need a new system. 

So, I am taking over breakfast and doing one meal for everyone. I'm thinking eggs and bacon or oatmeal and bacon. Simple, eh? I think it will be a nice change. For lunch, we're just going to have sandwiches, either PB & J or turkey/cheese. I am feeling a huge need for simple. 

Here is my menu plan for this week:

Sunday - Popcorn, fruit

Monday - Beef Stroganoff, salad

Tuesday - Leftovers

Wednesday - Chicken Pot Pie

Thursday - Spinach and Feta Mac and Cheese

Friday - HM Pizza, salad

Saturday - Chili, cornbread

What's on your meal plan for this week? I'd love for you to share your menu plan in the comments. I enjoy seeing what you're serving at your house!

Blessings and love. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment