Sunday, October 4, 2015

A Dream Come True


Hello,

I haven't been around much this past week. I had a phenomenal weekend, last week, and haven't quite recovered (nor am I really trying to recover!). I had the opportunity to drive to New Jersey for an amazing conference hosted by The Alabaster Group. I'm not really a conference go-er, although I see one or two advertised once in awhile that grab my interest. Normally, though, I don't have money in the budget to go or they just haven't been a priority. 

Then why did I choose this one, you may wonder? Simple. Two of my spiritual heroes were going to be speaking, and it was only a five hour drive. It was a dream come true for me to go and hear them speak, meet them in person, and worship with them and hundreds of others who are seeking and living for Jesus and His Kingdom. 

Not only were two of my heroes at this conference, I learned more about three other phenomenal believers who are impacting their corners of the world in beautiful, powerful, crazy ways. The theme of the conference was "Until the world is filled with love for Jesus"! Yes!!!

Here is a list of the speakers:

Heidi Baker
Bill Johnson
David Hogan
Joseph Garlington
Claudio Freidzon

If you were to ask me who are the people who have had the greatest impact on my spiritual life in the past decade, Bill Johnson would be at the top of the list, followed closely by Heidi (and Rolland) Baker. In fact, it was through Bill's ministry and Bethel Church that I learned of Heidi. They are dear friends and support and honour each other's lives and ministries. Bill's book, When Heaven Invades Earth and then Heidi's book, Compelled By Love have both been life-changing for me. Life-changing. They both carry the Presence of God and have incredible authority and power, with countless miracles on a weekly, if not daily, basis. 





Here is an amazing example of Heidi's ministry in Mozambique. This witchdoctor was coming to kill her with his poisonous snakes. Watch what happens instead . . . 




And then there's this man named David Hogan. I am so completely thrilled to know about him and his wife and family and their ministry in Mexico. He is a big, intimidating guy, and at the same time, completely loving. He walks in some crazy, Kingdom authority and has seen some miracles that I have never even heard of before. My faith was stretched and strengthened and reinforced by hearing his stories. And the fire tunnel David and Heidi led on the last night was powerful!

Father also blessed me with this precious group of friends to share and fellowship with all weekend. We met the first evening at dinner and will carry this time with us forever. I love Kingdom connections!



I hope to share more this week about where God is leading us these days. We would appreciate your prayers.  

I'll also share more this week about two special baptisms we had last week!
Blessings and love. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment