Sunday, January 25, 2009

Catching up...

The past few days have been a little tough...missing Bob and just trying to get things done. When I'm overwhelmed, I tend to shut down, which is really not a good idea when there is no other grown-up present to take up the slack. So, I've spent some extra time with the Father and He has me back on the right track. He is showing me His faithfulness and that He is just RIGHT HERE with me, waiting for me to whisper my cries of 'Help' to Him. I am so thankful for His Word...

Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song.

Psalm 54:4 Surely God is my help; the Lord is the One who sustains me.

Psalm 79:9 Help us, O God our Savior, for the glory of Your Name; deliver us and forgive our sins for Your Name's sake.

Psalm 36:5 Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the skies.

Psalm 89:8 O LORD God Almighty, who is like You? You are mighty, O LORD, and Your faithfulness surrounds You.

Psalm 115:1 Not to us, O LORD, not to us but to Your name be the glory, because of Your love and faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:22-23 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.

I think it was hard on us not to hear from Bob for a few days, as well. But we were getting a couple of updates from Peb's wife, Lori, after she received a text message or two. The team has been out in the bush (no computers to be found) and it was described as 'stunning' as well as an 'only God could have arranged this' experience! Can't wait to hear more about that one! The children and I went to our fellowship this morning, something I haven't done in quite awhile due to illnesses or spiritual oppression, so it was a glorious morning! As Emma said on the way home 'I feel refreshed, energized and encouraged'! Thank you, Father, for my church family.

When we returned home, I was suprised to have another message from Lori, as well as two short messages from Bob on Facebook. They are out of the bush and back to one of the bigger villages. Here is Bob's quick message...beautiful in the bush...literally, lots of dreams and visions, baptized 25 or 30 today after an hour walk in 32+ temp one way to the river and back...hard walk but privilege to baptize. amazing fellowship. 2 people had received visions/dreams about 3 white men coming before they knew about it. folks healed.too much to write now.

They are going on a safari tomorrow and then I hope to chat with him online and get a few more details of what God has been doing! Oh, God did give me an amazing vision on Friday morning...a tribe or village of people were dancing and singing and shouting praise to God for His gracious gift of healing and revival. Wow. I didn't know if I was seeing a "live shot" of what was actually happening in Kenya at that very moment or if it was what I was to pray towards (so I've been praying). I shared the vision with Bob in a message on Friday and his response today was: your vision probably the kibunga fellowship this am!! more later. Again, cannot wait to hear more!

I have more to share about what we've been up to here, but I'll save it for later.
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment