Friday, January 16, 2009

...the unsearchable riches of Christ...


I've been camping out in Ephesians lately and have taken a little pause at chapter 3, verse 8. I've read this verse many times and I guess in the back of my mind I've always thought *oh, the riches of Christ, how wonderful*, but that's about the extent of my ponderings. This time, though, it was like I could not move on to verse 9. I needed to park myself on this phrase and find out more. So I've been looking up the verse/phrase in lots of other translations, because a) I love to do that and b) it always give me a bigger and deeper picture of what the Scripture is saying. So here are some other ways of looking at it...


MSG: inexhaustible riches and generosity of Christ

AMP: unending (boundless, fathomless, incalculable, and exhaustless) riches of Christ

NLT: endless treasures available to them in Christ

CEV: blessings that cannot be measured

NAS: unfathomable riches of Christ


WOW! So I'm meditating on this verse, the various ways of saying it and what Paul meant when he wrote it. I know I have been blessed in Christ. I am aware of this on a daily basis, but to really think about His generosity and that it is exhaustless (great word!) is something I want to spend some time on. So that is what's on my heart right now. :)


On another note, we're doing fine here without Bob, although it goes without saying that we miss him like crazy! Last night was another wild night with two little loves not sleeping and joining me in my bed in the one o'clock hour within about fifteen minutes of each other. Have I ever mentioned that we need a king size bed!!! Funny to think about a king size bed in our small bedroom. Maybe we'll just get rid of the other furniture to make some space. lol


According the the airline website, the team made it to Nairobi, so we are praying for peaceful sleep and rest for them and a great first day in country!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing with us all that is going on in your world. :) I know you must be missing your sweetheart, but I'm glad you and your kiddos are doing well.

    Much love~

    ReplyDelete