Friday, September 14, 2012

Prayer and Fasting for Our Nation and Beyond

After being back in the States for a little over a year now, I have been stunned by how the culture has changed. I think the elections have made the differences more clear. After the Democratic National Convention when God and Jerusalem were taken out of their platform, then put back in, and then God was booed, frankly, it has put me in a place of grief. Is there no fear of the Lord anymore? 

I don't know about you, but after this week with all the events that are happening in the political arena, in our relationship with Israel and with the recent attacks at our embassies in the Middle East and the murders of four American diplomats including Ambassador Christopher Stevens, not to mention our economic situation, I am feeling the weight more and more. 

Don't misunderstand. My hope is in Jesus. My hope will always be in Jesus. 

There were many prayer initiatives in place before this week, but I feel that the need for intercession (and repentance) has grown this week by leaps and bounds. If you are sensing the need to cry out to God and fast for our nation in these unstable days for or the world, please check out the following pages for encouragement and direction in your efforts.


Aglow International - America Arising

Capitol Hill Prayer Partners

Chavda Ministries - 40 Days to Save America

50 Days of Decision - Video

Intercessors For America - Saving America Through Prayer

International House of Prayer - 24/7 Prayer Room

National Prayer Committee - 40 Days of Prayer 
     (And these guys have a whole page of prayer ministries on their site.)

This is another excellent resource:





Derek Prince Ministries - Prayer Worldwide 

Let's get on our faces and cry out for mercy!



2 Chronicles 7:14... if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Jude 1:20-21... But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.

Revelation 5:8... And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people.

And I'm sure there are other ministries and organizations encouraging prayer during this time. Feel free to share additional resources in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment