Monday, March 18, 2013

Weekly Menu Plan {18 March}



I'm late! I didn't get this post written or any kind of meal plan worked out over the weekend. I was planning to do it right before bedtime last night but was just too brain-tired. 

So, here it is in all it's thrown-together-ness . . .

Monday - We ordered pizza from Papa John's, a rare occurrence for us but a good call for tonight.

Tuesday - Minestrone Soup (didn't make it last week), salad, garlic bread

Wednesday - Leftovers 

Thursday - Lasagna (maybe in the crock pot, depending on how busy things are), salad

Friday - Broiled Tilapia with Thai Coconut-Curry Sauce, served over jasmine rice

Saturday - Leftovers

Sunday - Hawaiian Chicken in the crock pot or some version of this in the crock pot, sautéed kale, rice

Hope your last few days of winter are great ones! Blessings! xx

2 comments:

  1. It all sounds so yummy. I WISH I could stick to a meal plan, like you. (I guess when you have a family the size of yours, you'd better be organized, though!)

    XOXO,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meredith! It takes practice. I used to think I was an organized person. Then I had kids, and now I understand why my mom used to tell me "I'm organized, in my mind!" Haha! Menu plans definitely help me stay organized, plus my 16 y/o helps cook some nights and it's easier for her if I already have a plan. The biggest reason for a menu plan right now is that I'm trying to be very frugal. It's working pretty well, and I am not as temped just to order pizza (except for last night) or have peanut butter and jam one more time. :) Posting a menu plan on my blog also keeps me accountable. I guess it's a psychological thing. :)
      xo

      Delete