Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekly Menu Plan {4 March}



Last week our menu was changed around so much, I'm not sure any of meals and days matched the schedule. Oh well, nothing like flexibility, eh?

This week, I really don't know what I am going to make. I'm continuing to cook from the freezer and pantry and it is down to the bare basics. I may have some of the ingredients to make pumpkin soup, tomato soup, taco soup (sans ground beef) and fried rice. We'll see . . .

In the meantime, I came across these quotes and they made me laugh. Laughter is good medicine, so if you need a dose . . . 

Maybe the cat has fallen into the stew, or the lettuce has frozen, or the cake has collapsed. Eh bien, tant pis. Usually one's cooking is better than one thinks it is. And if the food is truly vile, then the cook must simply grit her teeth and bear it with a smile, and learn from her mistakes.

The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude.

~Julie Child

Have a week full of blessings and laughter. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment