Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Happy new {school} year









We started easing into our school year today. I don't know why I have not been ready this year. I am usually happy to start school and am the resident cheerleader. This year, not so much. It's some psychological block that I am praying over. We did have a great day today, very productive, in spite of my wishing it was still summer. There were a few minor issues, but overall I was very pleased and the children felt like they accomplished what they needed to, as well. It's getting cooler already, which is always a bonus in my book. I do love autumn and look forward to all the changes it brings. I'm just not ready to let go of summer quite yet. 

I know God has great things planned for us this year. I am speaking blessings and peace over my mind and over our school days. Please pray for me, and I will be happy to do the same for you. xo

1 comment:

  1. I will be happy to pray for you in your homeschooling endeavors. I only have one - I can't imagine doing this with 5!! Will you pray for me, too? I started with my 4 yo two weeks ago, and he's already trying to "cancel" school every day. :( It makes me feel like I'm not fun enough or I'm not succeeding. A lot of self-doubt is creeping into my mind. {Sigh} The funny thing is, he LOATHES the thought of going to real school. Homeschooling can be tough, and it takes a lot of discipline on the parent...mostly moms. I can't even remember the last time I dusted or cleaned the bathrooms (TMI??) because my priorities have changed this Fall with educating my son. Housework is not my first priority.

    Hang in there, and the motivation will surely come.

    XOXO,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete