Monday, January 13, 2014

Weekly Menu Plan {13 January}

(These flowers that were sent to us as a house-warming gift are still beautiful! I'm not sure I've ever had cut flowers last this long.)

Happy Monday, friends! How is your New Year starting off? 

I am trying to get back into the full swing of things with school and still unpacking boxes and finding just the right spot for everything. I am also trying to cook from my freezer and pantry this week and will only go to the store for milk and fresh veggies and fruit. I am so thankful that we have an Aldi close by. Have you ever shopped at an Aldi? We still have beef in the freezer from our generous friends. We also have the turkey carcass from our Greenberg Smoked Turkey that I will use to make broth and soup later this week. Yum!

Here is my plan for this week:

Monday - Mexican Chicken Soup (This is a go-to frugal recipe that I make once a month or so. I almost always have these ingredients on hand. The whole family enjoys it!)

Tuesday - Crock Pot Tortellini and Sausage (I made this one right before we moved. It was a hit and so easy, since it all goes in the crock pot.)

Wednesday - Taco Salad

Thursday - Smoked Turkey Soup

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Fettucine Alfredo, salad, sautéed kale, PW's Buttery Thyme Bread (oh, yeah!)

Sunday - Snack-y supper

What's your plan for the week? If you need any ideas, click over to check out all the menus on Menu Plan Monday, which is where I'm linking up, as usual!

Blessings and love. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment