Monday, December 22, 2014

Menu Plan Monday {22 December}


Hello and Happy Christmas to you! 

We will be staying put in Virginia this week and unfortunately, do not have any family coming to visit. This, of course, has been fairly normal for us in the past 13 or 14 years, but it's always kind of sad that we don't get to see extended family during the holidays. I think it is hitting me harder as I get older. We have special traditions that we have put in place over the years for our little family, so we look forward to those each year, and I'm always open to adding more. 

Maya, of course, is wishing for snow, snow and more snow for Christmas.

Here is our menu plan for this week:

Monday - Shrimp Boil (Ben is making his own version, using this recipe as a guide. I love how creative he is in his cooking!)

Tuesday - Chicken and Dumplings

Wednesday - Cheese Enchiladas, beef enchiladas, Spanish rice, guacamole, chips and Jarritos (When we moved to Canada, it was hard to find any Mexican food, so I learned to make my own and we started the tradition of having Mexican for our Christmas Eve meal.)

Thursday - I still haven't decided if I'm doing the turkey dinner thing or something completely different for Christmas. I've never made a standing rib roast, so that could be fun. What do you have planned?

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Corn Chowder, salad, crusty bread

Sunday - Snack-y supper

I hope you have a warm and wonderful Christmas celebration! 

I'm linking up with Menu Plan Monday.

Blessings and love. xo

2 comments:

  1. We usually do turkey for Thanksgiving, beef on Christmas Eve, and ham on Christmas Day. Your Mexican Eve dinner sounds scrumptious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your meals all sound delicious. I always enjoy hearing about other's traditions! Thanks for sharing, Angela!
      xo

      Delete